Welcome back to the Academy! Visit the Portal, i'm sure someones in there talking. Try the Role Playing topic, we have some interesting things happening there. =)
Welcome back to the Academy! Visit the Portal, i'm sure someones in there talking. Try the Role Playing topic, we have some interesting things happening there. =)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Most active topics
Role Play Idea
Loyalty with In-game Allies
Squad Rearrangments
Code of Conduct
Germany 1918 (O.O.C.)
Ten Nations
Alliance Tournament
Things To Do
Second Idea
Doom.. what to do
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 25 on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:18 am
Statistics
We have 36 registered users
The newest registered user is xymonfea

Our users have posted a total of 3112 messages in 288 subjects
Latest topics
» The SNA disbands
A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 am

» Honorary Alumni
A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Tue May 14, 2013 8:48 am

» Getting Supremacy 1914 to Work on Mac
A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm

» Simplified Code of Conduct
A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeby Chiolas Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 pm

» Application
A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 pm

» Code of Conduct
A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

Top posters
Josiah the Great
A dying alliance?? I_vote_lcapA dying alliance?? I_voting_barA dying alliance?? I_vote_rcap 
Total-World-Domination
A dying alliance?? I_vote_lcapA dying alliance?? I_voting_barA dying alliance?? I_vote_rcap 
Yulius
DoomDealer
jeffbany
Chiolas
TangoDown
forexer
Armatus Wolf
DaGangsta
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

A dying alliance??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Josiah the Great
Admiral

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:31 pm

As im sure you have all noticed... that this place is like a ghost town. I remember just a few months ago when there were always new post's, always plenty of people in the Portal. That was just a few months ago. Then Doom went AI, Yulius seems to be slowing down, and now Kenny has stopped logging in.. again. Not to mention we lost Bennett... where ever he went.

So im going to be looking for ideas on how we can expand ourselves. Personally, i think im going to initiate a quota for all member to follow. You have to get "x" amount of people (Im hovering around two people) in order to fill it. Maybe you have a month, maybe you have 2 weeks. I don't know, but im thinking it over.

I want to hear any idea's you may have, if not then this will be what goes into action.
Back to top Go down

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:03 pm

Sad sorry guys. ive been overwhelmed with schoolwork and college applications. i'll be as active as i can. im not in any active games right now
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Its okay bnett! Just informing people on the dying alliance =(
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Its not about finding members. It's about finding ACTIVE members. And I don't mean actively players, I mean MEMBERS who will visit the site and be part of the alliance. You can flip through the Top 100 and look for anyone without an alliance...sure ya can. What you need to do is keep playing games...just 1 or 2 at most....outside of alliance games. When you develop allies that like to work with you and others, get them to join us.

That's how this alliance was started. That's how it became that bustling & active alliance you were talking about. Once y'all started closing in on yourselves the effect of the alliance "dying" as you called it began to spread. The alliance isn't dying. It's simply not any different. No offense to the RPGs, I know you guys like them, but they're an internal thing. You gotta get out there and dive into NEW groups of people. New pools you could call them. Fresh water you know?

Trust me, this alliance isn't dying. You wanna see a dying alliance, look at a Tribe a created 4...5 now?...years ago on a game called TribalWars. After almost 2 years I left the game and them, but over those years I beat into their heads: "Never give up, never let this alliance die, and while you are here, so is the tribes history, etc etc etc". They may not be the strongest super power tribe, but there are still some of the SAME MEMBERS in that tribe. Thats a long ass time. If I wanted to play that game again I would join that alliance and tell them the same thing:

Fresh pool. Fresh recruits. Only people who are interested in a revival, who KNOW what they are joining and what we are recruiting them for. Who will be active BECAUSE they are being recruited to be active, not because we want our members to be active.

Know what I'm saying?
Back to top Go down
https://silveracademy.forumotion.com
Total-World-Domination

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:15 pm

DoomDealer is right. We must play games outside of the alliance to gain new members into the alliance. If we only play interal games we are unable to expand.

We need a balance, some interal games and some public games.
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Of course, i am in more Outside games thin internal, i dont know why anyone wouldnt be. I have atleast 8 games running at a time. But i understand you Doom, and Hellaspeak had the same idea. I'll be closing this topic down, it's no longer relevant then.
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:48 pm

I don't think it needs to be closed, nor is it irrelevant. You're right. And maybe people have other suggestions. Just because you play many games outside of alliance games doesn't mean everyone else has that focus or time. So you should ask people how many of each type of game they are playing, you may find people playing alliance games and role plays are ONLY playing role plays, or arent focusing on other games.

OR

You may find many people ARE playing games outside of the alliance. In that case, let everyone know about this topic.
Back to top Go down
https://silveracademy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

A dying alliance?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dying alliance??   A dying alliance?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A dying alliance??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Silver Naval Academy :: Announcements & Plans-
Jump to: