Welcome back to the Academy! Visit the Portal, i'm sure someones in there talking. Try the Role Playing topic, we have some interesting things happening there. =)
Welcome back to the Academy! Visit the Portal, i'm sure someones in there talking. Try the Role Playing topic, we have some interesting things happening there. =)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Most active topics
Role Play Idea
Loyalty with In-game Allies
Squad Rearrangments
Code of Conduct
Germany 1918 (O.O.C.)
Ten Nations
Alliance Tournament
Things To Do
Second Idea
Doom.. what to do
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 25 on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:18 am
Statistics
We have 36 registered users
The newest registered user is xymonfea

Our users have posted a total of 3112 messages in 288 subjects
Latest topics
» The SNA disbands
Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 am

» Honorary Alumni
Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Tue May 14, 2013 8:48 am

» Getting Supremacy 1914 to Work on Mac
Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm

» Simplified Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeby Chiolas Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 pm

» Application
Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 pm

» Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

Top posters
Josiah the Great
Code of Conduct I_vote_lcapCode of Conduct I_voting_barCode of Conduct I_vote_rcap 
Total-World-Domination
Code of Conduct I_vote_lcapCode of Conduct I_voting_barCode of Conduct I_vote_rcap 
Yulius
DoomDealer
jeffbany
Chiolas
TangoDown
forexer
Armatus Wolf
DaGangsta
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Code of Conduct

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Here's what I came up with: (5-14-13)

Code of Conduct (CoC)
1) No member shall use any means to cheat in this game.
2) All members shall follow German Law when playing Supremacy 1914. Breaking this rule would include changing flag to a swastika, Changing ruler to the ruler of Germany during WWII. Talking about the Holocaust.
3) The leader(s) of the alliance have the final say.
4) No member of the SNA shall be members of another alliance at the same time.
5) Members of the SNA shall not try to recruit people that are already in an alliance.
6) Use of goldmarks in an alliance match is forbidden.
7) Members will not ruin gaming experiences for others through wolfpacking.
8) Members will refrain from using goldmarks in team practice matches. All SNA teams are covered under this rule such as Gold, Silver, and Bronze Teams.
9) Members will not conspire against there own team in an alliance vs. alliance match or team practice matches. Examples would include: giving away province(s) to the enemy alliance, donating resources to the enemy alliance, and or revealing Share Map information of teammates to the enemy alliance. This rule doesn't apply to internals and public games without predetermined teams.
10) All new rules added to CoC take affect once approved by an Admiral, if someone does something and it is later outlawed by a new amendment to the CoC they are covered under grandfather clause. Thus the rules in the CoC are not retroactive.
11) If you have a compliant that you believe has merits, you may freely take it via private message to any of the higher ups. You will not be punished or ignored for compliant(s).
12) If the Admirals disagree on a decision they may take a vote on it. Each Admiral will count as one vote, the official leader of the SNA on the Supremacy 1914 alliance page will be given two votes in a tie breaking situation. Absolute majority (over 50%) must be attained for decision to pass.
13) All members will try their best to remain loyal to other SNA members if their are allied to them within a game. Picking one ally over another is allowed. However, excessive backstabbing, or allying everyone and picking off the weakest is not allowed. No alliances larger than three-way should form in our internal games. Excessive backstabbing will be considered two times within one game or numerous times non-consecutively. Attacking an ally that went inactive is not defined as backstabbing. People who ally everyone to see there maps to plot against them, don't belong in the SNA and will be booted on their first offense. There is no restriction on alliance size in team practice matches.

Failure to comply with the CoC will result in reprimand/demotion or termination from the SNA..

Comment and if you want something added to the CoC, speak up.

Edit: This CoC has been replaced with the simplified CoC, due to being more straight to the point and shorter in length.

I have removed it as a Global announcement and posted it as normal once again.

Last edited by Total-World-Domination on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited CoC)
Back to top Go down
forexer

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:29 pm

Is possible to cheat in Supremacy? It seems highly unlikely that anything like that would happen.
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 6:06 pm

The developers claim that you can't use software to cheat in Supremacy 1914, but it's only a matter of time some crazy hacker comes up with something you can cheat with. I believe it should be in the CoC because some day someone is going to cheat with software.

Just like they say Macs never get viruses, well now there is a virus for macs (Mac Defender).

But if you prefer I can reword it a little bit.

"1) No member shall use any means to cheat in this game."
Looks like that covers multiaccounts, and cheating with software.

^ I decided to reword the first sentence to cover all types of cheating. Thus one line is gone as it's covered under the first rule. Added what can happen if the CoC is broken to the OP.
Back to top Go down
TangoDown

TangoDown

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Why do we have to follow German law? I'm not even German O_O
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 8:18 pm

The game has servers in Germany, hence is subject to German law. So that means no reference to the ruler of Germany during WWII and no Nazism. Otherwise the Supremacy 1914 admins/mods will ban you.
Back to top Go down
TangoDown

TangoDown

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:17 pm

I wouldn't do that anyway.
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:07 am

Hah thats interesting, its kind of funny to think about how in america we have Neo Nazis, but you even speak of hitler or Nazism in Germany and its a crime.
Back to top Go down

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:32 pm

its a crime to say hitler???
that is FUCKED!

free speak bitches....

also, what if i like history... its longer to say "the leader of nazi germany" and im lazy as balls....
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:03 pm

Yeah yeah, well.... i mean, Hitler did lead germany into a world war and genocide... soo...
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:09 am

I had to change the CoC around to add examples of breaking German law as about four people asked me what I mean by German law.

"2) All members shall follow German Law when playing Supremacy 1914. Breaking this rule would include changing flag to a swastika, Changing ruler to the ruler of Germany during WWII. Talking about the Holocaust."
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:10 am

Total-World-Domination wrote:
Here's what I came up with:

Code of Conduct (CoC)
1) No member shall use any means to cheat in this game.
2) All members shall follow German Law when playing Supremacy 1914. Breaking this rule would include changing flag to a swastika, Changing ruler to the ruler of Germany during WWII. Talking about the Holocaust.
3) The Leader of the Alliance has the final say.
4) No member of the SNA shall be members of another alliance at the same time.
5) Members of the SNA shall not try to recruit people that are already in an alliance.
6) Use of Gold Marks in an Alliance match is forbidden.
7) Members will not ruin gaming experiences for others through wolfpacking.
Failure to comply with the CoC will result in reprimand/demotion or termination from the SNA.

Comment and if you want something added to the CoC speak up.
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 1:23 am

TWD, I changed a few non-important things. Just spacing, and added the (s) on leader. Considering there are Technically 4 admirals.
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 am

I added examples to breaking German law, because I got asked about that when trying to recruit people a few times.

I revised the CoC on the introductory article which can be found here:

http://forum.supremacy1914.com/showthread.php?127158-The-Silver-Naval-Academy

Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm going to add four more rules to the CoC:

Cool Member will refrain from using goldmarks in team practice matches. All SNA teams are covered under this rule such as Gold, Silver, and Bronze Teams.

9) Members will not conspire against there own team in an alliance vs. alliance match. Examples would include: giving away province(s) to the enemy alliance, donating resources to the enemy alliance, and or revealing Share Map information of teammates to the enemy alliance. This rule doesn't apply to internals and public games without predetermined teams.

10) All new rules added to Code of Conduct take affect once approved by an Admiral, if someone does something and it is later outlawed by a new amendment to the Code of Conduct they are covered under grandfather clause.

11) If you have a compliant that you believe has merits, you may freely take it via private message to any of higher ups. You will not be punished or ignored for compliant(s).

Revision date: 5-27-13 Approved by TWD

As for Amendment 9 someone actually gave a province to the enemy alliance, therefore this rule has been added. However, the person has not been reprimanded or punished due to grandfather clause. Grandfather clause means you don't get punished for doing something before it became outlawed. I couldn't come up with a better word for higher ups. I guess it sounds and looks better then "to Council/Admirals". I'm going to changed "Gold Marks" to "goldmarks" in amendment 6. Bistro Labs spells goldmarks as one word.

We are now going to place a Revision date under CoC so if someone breaks a rule we can check to see if it was before the revision.
Back to top Go down
Chiolas
Commander
Commander

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:15 pm

"Retroactive" is the word we use here, most laws are not retroactive since they do not apply to crimes commited before the law came in effect
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:39 pm

5-08-13
I noticed some minor grammar error in the CoC. Such as "Alliance" being capitalized. Only nouns should be capitalized in middle of sentence. So leader(s) is should not be capitalized. As for 9) I added team practice matches in. On Cool Member = Members.
11) missing a pronoun, added "the" in. Changed word Code of Conduct to CoC. You only need to spell it out once.

I added in one more amendment for solving issues between Admirals.

12) If the Admirals disagree on a decision they may take a vote on it. Each Admiral will count as one vote, the official leader of the SNA on the Supremacy 1914 alliance page will be given two votes in a tie breaking situation. Absolute majority (over 50%) must be attained for decision to pass.

I think that very rarely there may be a disagreement between Admirals. But I put that there just in case it happens.

Well I think we covered everything I don't expect many changes from now. I tried to make the CoC easy to read for all ages from teenager to adult. I'll edit the original post (OP) to the new CoC
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:49 pm

13) All members will try their best to remain loyal to other SNA members within all games. Picking one ally over another is allowed. However, excessive backstabbing, or allying everyone and picking off the weakest is not allowed. No alliances larger than three-way should form in our internal games. Excessive backstabbing will be considered two times within one game or numerous times non-consecutively.
Attacking an ally that went inactive is not defined as backstabbing. People who ally everyone to see there maps and plot against them, don't belong in the SNA and will be booted on their first offense. There is no restriction on alliance size in team practice matches.

Arctaurus is right we need to do our best to remain loyal to other SNA members. Our members no longer "wolfpack" so we are not in a position were we are forced to backstab excessively.

I'll revise the OP soon brb.
Back to top Go down
Total-World-Domination

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

Fixed some grammar errors and made rule 13 more clear. If someone from the SNA joins a game your in you are not automatically allied to him. After looking at the first revision of rule 13 it appears that you would be.

I appreciate the input from other members, as we need to know if our CoC is easy to understand and read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Code of Conduct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code of Conduct   Code of Conduct I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 1