Welcome back to the Academy! Visit the Portal, i'm sure someones in there talking. Try the Role Playing topic, we have some interesting things happening there. =)
Welcome back to the Academy! Visit the Portal, i'm sure someones in there talking. Try the Role Playing topic, we have some interesting things happening there. =)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Most active topics
Role Play Idea
Loyalty with In-game Allies
Squad Rearrangments
Code of Conduct
Germany 1918 (O.O.C.)
Ten Nations
Alliance Tournament
Things To Do
Second Idea
Doom.. what to do
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 25 on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:18 am
Statistics
We have 36 registered users
The newest registered user is xymonfea

Our users have posted a total of 3112 messages in 288 subjects
Latest topics
» The SNA disbands
Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 am

» Honorary Alumni
Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Tue May 14, 2013 8:48 am

» Getting Supremacy 1914 to Work on Mac
Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:26 pm

» Simplified Code of Conduct
Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeby Chiolas Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:25 pm

» Application
Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 pm

» Code of Conduct
Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeby Total-World-Domination Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

Top posters
Josiah the Great
Squad Rearrangments I_vote_lcapSquad Rearrangments I_voting_barSquad Rearrangments I_vote_rcap 
Total-World-Domination
Squad Rearrangments I_vote_lcapSquad Rearrangments I_voting_barSquad Rearrangments I_vote_rcap 
Yulius
DoomDealer
jeffbany
Chiolas
TangoDown
forexer
Armatus Wolf
DaGangsta
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Squad Rearrangments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

Squad Rearrangments Empty
PostSubject: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:09 am

study Please Read ENTIRELY study

Okay, so...when we created the original two squads we had 10 members. We now have 16. A-Squad is experiencing slight activity problems already. That can probably be dealt with soon, and I will jump right on that. B-Squad has very little activity issues, and seems to be working well together from what I can tell. I applaud you all and wish you all the best of luck as your match continues. We managed to slip another player not in a 5v5 match into a 3v3 match. That's still 5 players bored within the alliance. You know me, I can't have that. You all should have something to do, so here's the plan...

We have a pending challenge that was sent to us last week. It's for a 5v5 match. Obviously another squad will be made, and these guys will be inserted immediately into their first match. C-Squad will be thrown into a war zone without every fighting with each other, unlike A-Squad and B-Squad who had an internal game for trial-and-error. Best of luck...

We cant just take 5 people and throw em into a squad and say "fight" though. These guys gotta still have some balance. This means the other squads will be slightly rearranged too. Unfortunately, if you're on B-Squad for example, and I send you to C-Squad, you're going to be playing two big 5v5 matches at once. You WILL be expected to be active in both games, I'm sorry about that but it WILL be expected. Your other non-alliance games are less important. If you absolutely must make less effort in a game or two, it better not be your alliance game. "Your" alliance games aren't just yours. They are 4 other peoples medals your toying with, as well as an alliance medal. That doesn't just mean a shiny medal gets put on our Service Record, it also means we shoot up in the ranks! We'd like to have a nice rank. That means WINS.

As leader I do what I can to get these medals and wins for the alliance. But I can't play for you, I can just put you with the best group I can and get the matches for you. You guys press the "Join Game" button, not me. You guys play the game. You guys represent your alliance. You guys are the champions.

So, I will be taking requests and suggestions for the next 48 HOURS, that's all you get. Once that's over, I'm locking the squads, and sending C-Squad into their match. Okay everyone? Use your voice while you can.

Idea Here Is My Current Proposal Idea

A-Squad:
- DoomDealer (Leader)
- Josiah (Co-Leader)
- Wesley
- Benji
- Bnett

B-Squad:
- Pags (Leader)
- Chiolas (Co-Leader)
- Winston
- Hawk
- Obsi

C-Squad:
- Whitedawg (Leader)
- Kane (Co-Leader)
- Supremacy
- Tango
- Scoders

Well, that's that guys. That is what I'm considering. We will accept the challenge in 24 hours. We will join the match in 48 hours. You have until then, 48 hours, to make your opinions, request changes, use your voice about these squads before they become set in stone. Please, let me know what you think, how I did, where you'd like to be, whatever it is. Let me know!

Thanks guys (hope you read everything, I worked hard on it),
Admiral Doom king
Back to top Go down
https://silveracademy.forumotion.com
TangoDown

TangoDown

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 4:04 am

It's all good with me.
Back to top Go down
Chiolas
Commander
Commander

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:55 am

Make sure the least experienced players get to play again (in a less competitive squad). There's only a limited amount of information one can give through messages or guides, it's through experience that one learns the most (defensive manoeuvres, fighting an NPC, buillding early artillerys, etc.)

I've been helping Tango (I'm happy TO help him, I'm not happy I DIDN'T KNOW I had to help him Razz) and just to set up a defense for Morocco my message was huge (and if the enemy intercepts it our position can become compromised)

It's easier to work with someone who knows what he's doing, things just flow you know...^^

In squad 2 game there's only winstonchurchillfail, he was inactive for a while and now he returned, making me lose the shared map (I already made another prooposal but he still didn't accept it), of course now he has tons of troops and is pwning Russia but still Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:38 am

all good here
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:35 am

Chiolas, good idea in thought, but I want to keep the squads balanced. This challenge:

Is from the #1 ranked alliance.

That doesn't say much now. I know that. I believe rank doesn't mean crap. But a record does. They're only 2-0. But I can't just throw 5 people who are gonna screw up into a match like that and give us a loss Wink Wins send us up, losses send us down Razz Sooo I tried to give as much balance as I could, while leaving B-Squad together as much as I could cause you all are kicking ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:20 pm

that sounds fine to me...sorry about not logging on...had some work to do. i'll let you guys know next time.
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:37 pm

Bud, i think you need to hold a "Skills round" we need to find everyone who can be put into important matches without worry, and those that need to be taught the basics of the game.

Also, you should have squads arranged by skill. With a good captain in each as a solid leader.

A-Best
B-Average
C-Below Average

Sure im sure some people will get angry, but they need to know where they fit in so that they can improve.

Just my opinion, but i think that the way you have it set up is a good second. =)
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Yes, I think you guys are right. Maybe I have been going about this the wrong way. I've been making this squads with the assumption that all squads will be playing in matches. I just didn't want to lose a match so we had to balance them. But if a squad is a non-match squad...it doesn't matter if it's balanced...

How about a little modification to your plan Josiah?

A-Squad: Representatives of the alliance. Match fighters.
B-Squad: Members and Trainers. Internal matches only.
C-Squad: Members and Trainers. Internal matches only.

What if A-Squad was the only competing squad? B-Squad & C-Squad could have internal matches between each other. Based on these matches and the match results from the top guys, people would be moved up to A-Squad or sent down a squad. If we get 20 members, we could make an A-2 squad.

Just note that having fewer fighting squads means the players in the fighting squads need to dedicate more time and play more match games. Sometimes we will have 2 matches going on at once. Right now we have 3 matches, 1 match pending, and 1 internal game. Now, I'm not going to lie I've gone inactive in the internal game multiple times, but whats more important, a game that doesn't count or two games counting towards our record?

Talent WILL be overridden by activity in some cases when it comes to being put on the match squad.

Would this system fly better with you guys?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:32 pm

how will we decide whether or not people get moved up or down? I like this idea, maybe the b and c squads can play other groups of a similar nature from other alliances?
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Bnett wrote:
how will we decide whether or not people get moved up or down? I like this idea, maybe the b and c squads can play other groups of a similar nature from other alliances?

Problem is, the point is to keep C-Squad matches (which could possibly be lost) from hurting our record. The match B-Squad is playing right now is against another alliances similarly-talented group of players, so yes, when I take matches I do try to make sure we aren't going to lose. But C-Squad is not going to be balanced anymore.

It's not like C-Squad wouldn't get matches. C-Squad would fight against B-Squad. It's still a 5v5. It's still a competitive game (you're fighting for your right to represent your alliance!). They're just playing against people in the alliance instead of strangers.

The movement of people between squads would be conferred between me and the B & C squad leaders. Final decision would rest with me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:55 pm

do you think we should do somethign so that peopel form different squads will get to interact? like an a-squader and a c-squader? cliques in the alliance might not be good. maybe choose your own ingame alliance 30 player matches?
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:59 pm

30 player matches can't always be made. And thats the point of this site nobody ever uses haha. I mean, I worked hard to make this a place that can be a COMMUNITY for the alliance. Think about it, forums with polls, general talk areas, places to share stuff, a live chatbox on the homepage? All these things allow everyone in the alliance to talk, interact, share vids, etc, whatever you want.

People only come here if I ask them to in a message. They're secluding themselves on their own already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:00 pm

ya true that. its hard to get peopel active on forums.
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Sounds like a good plan, I think we need to dedicate people to teaching newer players, or players who request, or obviously need help.

Also, we need to make a limit on to how many games we take on at once. Because, well i think i have 12 games running and that's why im doing so bad.

But anyways, i think that it would be smart to have A squad, mentor B, C squads. While also monitoring their progress and deciding on if they need special attention and extra help, or if they deserve to move to A or maybe to B. Or something of the sorts.

Yeah, well to be honest with you, its a good forum but its to busy and really hard to get around. So even for me, and i have used plenty of forums, but even for me this feels overwhelming. Maybe we need to change it and simplify it.
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Quote :
do you think we should do somethign so that peopel form different squads will get to interact? like an a-squader and a c-squader? cliques in the alliance might not be good. maybe choose your own ingame alliance 30 player matches?

I'm taking suggestions. Not just taking them, acting on them. Your right, I don't want A-Squad boys feeling to comfortable in their seats. Higher than B-Squad or C-Squad players. B-Squad and C-Squad (if this is enacted) will be seeing a lot of each other and I HOPE become friends. A-Squad probably won't.

Quote :
Also, we need to make a limit on to how many games we take on at once. Because, well i think i have 12 games running and that's why im doing so bad.

Once our current matches are over, we aren't taking on more than 2 matches at a time. If we take on 2 matches, it will be carefully thought over before. I think nobody should be allowed to have more than 2 non-alliance related games running. It's a rule that can't be monitored, but a rule that can keep people active. I have 3 non-alliance games running, and 3 alliance games running. Too much. But barely manageable.

Quote :
But anyways, i think that it would be smart to have A squad, mentor B, C squads. While also monitoring their progress and deciding on if they need special attention and extra help, or if they deserve to move to A or maybe to B. Or something of the sorts.

The Trainer Squads will each be lead and supervised by a volunteer A-Rate player. These two players can be rotated between A-Squad matches. That way they still get some competitive match time, but can train the Trainer Squads. These players will not only help their members, but report to me and let me know how their doing. Activity, playing, everything. That's how we'd know to promote em.

Quote :
Yeah, well to be honest with you, its a good forum but its to busy and really hard to get around. So even for me, and i have used plenty of forums, but even for me this feels overwhelming. Maybe we need to change it and simplify it.

I'm obviously biased for making the forum, but I'm open to taking suggestions about that too. Only, these suggestions should go in the Suggestions area since they do not pertain to this topic.

Any reply should be about anything but the last quote.
Back to top Go down
Josiah the Great
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:47 pm

Just like you asked, i put it up for a suggestion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:38 am

I think we have enough good players that only 5 of the alliance playing other alliances seems too small. I mean, as alliance creator you will obviously have a spot, leaving 20 or so people (I can't remember how many members we have now) competing for 4 places. 2 fighting squads is good, with others in training. Also, going up or down in squads will be easier said than done, as skill can't really be recorded, the way your brain reacts to a certain situation, someone may learn something new or a new approach to a situation but the only person who knows that would be them, until they could implement it in a game. I'm new to the 5 v 5 thing but it seems a lot less complicated in terms of gameplay, as battleships don't usually get a chance to be made, less space, more about hordes of troops rushing for land. If a 16 v 16 game comes about I highly recommend accepting.

I have a few non alliance games running but a lot of them are in days 30+ and will be getting wrapped up soon so after them I'll keep it to 4 max.
Back to top Go down
TangoDown

TangoDown

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 11:32 am

I don't have anything to say really so whatever works right?
Back to top Go down
DoomDealer
Admiral
DoomDealer

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh Obsi I agree 100% these 5v5s are different, lame, and require no tactical brainpower at all. But the question comes down to: "Who can be the best at this tactically retarted style of play."

And no, I probably wont play all the A-Squad games. I'll probably play one at a time, but never 2. We have 15 members exactly. That's 3 squads. I wish we had enough for an A-2 but we just dont.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Sorry havent been on lately I have stomach cancer and had a very bad week last week. I dont mind jumping between squads and that since I can have rough weeks like last week were I cant even get ot of bed sometimes. I still want to be apart of the league its just hard if I miss some time thats all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:36 pm

Wow man... that is some heavy stuff. I hope you pull through this and my thoughts and prayers will seriously be with you and your family in this tough time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squad Rearrangments   Squad Rearrangments I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squad Rearrangments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Silver Naval Academy :: Announcements & Plans-
Jump to: